August Art on Saturday
7 August 2021
Art on Saturday Open Extra at Roman Town House
The focus of this late morning activity will be to explore abstraction through environmental design /found objects/ learn to develop ideas and explore mark-making techniques. Develop creative practice.
Working with sketchbooks and board (provided). You will find and develop repeat motifs/patterns explore their texture, shape and colour through drawing/painting/basic printmaking • using natural materials and handmade drawing/painting/printmaking tools.
Initial ideas will be developed on-site into a creative response to the environment.
The aim will be to stimulate creative play with the intention of developing artistic practice, in a relaxed atmosphere and beautiful surroundings, through creativity, social interaction and a return to some normality after 18 months of lockdowns.
Please bring packed lunch for a picnic after a session
- Tickets: £10 per person
- Suitable Ages: 16+
Location: Roman Town House, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester DT1 1XJ
Where to find us
The Roman Town House is owned and managed by Dorset Council, and supported by the Dorchester Joint Heritage Committee and the Heritage Lottery Fund.More info
Susan R Huges
Is an experienced visual artist and art teacher who lives in Dorset and teaches figurative drawing/painting classes and creative practice sessions on zoom and in venues locally.More info
Useful tips for attending this outdoor event
- For your comfort – We suggest bringing your own chair, picnic blanket and cushions or anything that makes you feel comfortable.
- Be prepared – Please be aware this is an outdoor event, come armed with sunscreen, water bottles, umbrellas, insect repellent and weather-appropriate clothing!
- Bring a Torch – It’s very helpful to safely find your way around the space in the evening.
- Let us know – If you require any additional support to enjoy this event, please let us know ASAP.
- Covid – Note that we will still be implementing social distancing when possible, feel free to bring a mask and hand sanitiser.