Drawing - Observation and intention
22 September 2021
1.30 pm to 3 pm.
“To draw a line is to have an idea.” Richard Serra
Join local artist Sarah Hough in the beautiful outdoor setting of the Roman Town House to create drawings that will connect us with nature, the environment around us and our expression of this. We’ll be using chunky charcoal (on sticks so you won’t get messy!), tracing movement through line and rhythm in our mark-making. The scale of the work will promote flow and open up exciting possibilities. No experience is necessary and all participants will be encouraged to go at their own pace.
Sarah’s work is about the experience of the here and now in partnership with the wild landscape. It’s about slowing down, finding space, noticing and absorbing moments in the wild that aren’t humanly orchestrated – a feeling perhaps of solitude, not loneliness.
- £3 per person, carers/friends & family free.
- Priority spaces will be given to those with Dementia or memory loss.
The Roman Town House site is fully accessible for wheelchair users and there are toilets on site. Refreshments will be provided for further information contact Megan Dunford the Producer: [email protected].
Location: Roman Town House, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester DT1 1XJ
Where to find us
The Roman Town House is owned and managed by Dorset Council, and supported by the Dorchester Joint Heritage Committee and the Heritage Lottery Fund.More info
Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme is the biggest ever initiative to change people’s perceptions of dementia. It aims to transform the way the nation thinks, acts and talks about the condition.
Whether you attend a face-to-face Information Session or watch the online video, Dementia Friends is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling friends about the Dementia Friends programme to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.More info
Useful tips for attending this outdoor event
- Be prepared – Please be aware this is an outdoor event, come armed with sunscreen, water bottles, umbrellas, insect repellent and weather-appropriate clothing!
- Let us know – If you require any additional support to enjoy this event, please let us know ASAP.
- Covid – Note that we will still be implementing social distancing when possible, feel free to bring a mask and hand sanitiser.