Become a member of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society today and get a deeper insight into 250 million years of Dorset’s history, while you help protect its rich heritage for future generations.
As a member, you will enjoy a range of special benefits, including access to our extensive reference lending library, together with unlimited free entry to the Museum and our exhibitions. You will also be helping us [conserve and preserve/care for] the Museum’s collections – and provide educational and learning to schools, universities and the wider community.
Choose Your Membership
|Single||£50||| One year’s full membership.|
|Joint||£60||| One year’s full membership for two adults.|
|Family||£70||| One year’s full membership for up to two adults and three children under the age of 18.|
|Student||£30||| One year’s full membership for those in full-time education over the age of 18.|
|Life||£1,000||| Unlimited lifetime membership for an individual|
|Organisation [UK]||£65||| For companies, institutions, universities, libraries, galleries, societies, groups.|
|Organisation [Overseas]||£80||| For companies, institutions, universities, libraries, galleries, societies, groups.|
|Gift||£50||| A unique and thoughtful present that grants a whole year of benefits.|
Payment Terms: We offer a choice of annual or monthly Direct Debit payments.
Members enjoy special benefits all year round.
This new package includes special and exclusive benefits:
- Free unlimited entry to the Museum and all exhibitions.
- Six complimentary one-day admission tickets for friends and family.
- A copy of the Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society, a highly respected journal containing wide-ranging and authoritative articles on Dorset’s archaeology, history, and natural environment.
- Members’ discounts on DNHAS Monographs.
- The right to borrow and reserve selected items from Dorset Museum‘s library including over 40,000 publications of local interest, as well as exclusive access to JSTOR’s online archive in the library.
- Monthly bulletins notifying you of events, exhibitions, and activities hosted by the DNHAS or our partner museums.
- Two glossy magazines a year, keeping you informed of interesting work happening across Dorset to explore, preserve and learn about its rich heritage and history.
- Special invitations to exclusive Member events and activities.
- Priority access and discounts to selected events.
- 10% discount in the Museum’s shop and café.
- A new-style membership card.
- Free entry to our partner museums as part of the Wessex Museums Partnership initiative:
– Salisbury Museum.
– Wiltshire Museum in Devizes.
– Poole Museum including a 10% discount in their café and a 15% discount in their shop.
Daily: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Sunday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Bank Holidays: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Annual Pass or Day Entry availableBook now
Dorset MuseumHigh West Street
Dorchester DT1 1XA
For more information
About the Society
Dorset Museum is owned and cared for by members of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society (DNHAS), Dorset’s first conservation organisation.
It was established to collect, preserve research and exhibit objects relating to the archaeology, natural history, art, literature and culture of Dorset. It is dedicated to preserving Dorset’s rich heritage for future generations.Find out more
Donations Make the Difference
Every grant and donation helps us to do more for more people. Find out how you could make a difference.
20 January 2022
Tom Sharpe – Mary Anning, the fossil woman
20 January 2022, 7 pm Join Tom Sharpe, formerly Curator of Palaeontology and Archives at the National Museum of Wales, and author of ‘The…Find out more
16 December 2021
Dr Clare Randall – ‘Anciently a manor’: the medieval manor at Lower Putton Lane, Chickerell
Excavations of the medieval manor at Lower Putton Lane, Chickerell 16 December 2021, 7 pm Join Dr Clare Randall to find out more about…Find out more
2 December 2021 – 6 March 2022
My Creative Life: Talking Heads
2 December 2021 – 6 March 2022 The heads on display are the expression of a creative process facilitated by Janna Edwards and the Dorset…Find out more
Wildlife in the Red
Online Exhibition: Wildlife in the Red The Wessex Museums partnership is pitching in against biodiversity loss. ‘Wildlife in the Red’ is the title of their…Find out more
12 February 2022
Work inspired by Sylvia Townsend Warner and Valentine Ackland 12 February 2022, 6.30pm Amanda Chambers (Picture Credit Max McClure) Join us for this special LGBT+…Find out more
13 October 2021 - 9 January 2022
Elmer and Friends
The Colourful World of David McKee An exhibition from Seven Stories: The National Centre for Children’s Books. 13 October 2021 to 9 January 2022…Find out more
16 December 2021
Archaeological Treasures of Dorset tour
16 December 2021 Discover ten significant archaeology objects from our People’s Dorset gallery on this volunteer-led tour. First Tour Time: 5 pm to 5.40…Find out more
16 December 2021
Museum after hours
16 December 2021, 5 pm, FREE Enjoy an opportunity to explore Dorset Museum after hours at this free late opening and an opportunity to explore…Find out more
Sunday Craft Activity Feel the festive spirit and join in our winter and Christmas themed crafts in December.Find out more