Become a member of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society today and get a deeper insight into 250 million years of Dorset’s history, while you help protect its rich heritage for future generations.
As a member, you will enjoy a range of special benefits, including access to our extensive reference lending library, together with unlimited free entry to the Museum and our exhibitions. You will also be helping us conserve and preserve/care for the Museum’s collections – and provide education and learning to schools, universities and the wider community.
Choose Your Membership
|Single||£52||| One year’s full membership.|
|Joint||£63||| One year’s full membership for two adults.|
|Family||£74||| One year’s full membership for up to two adults and three children under the age of 18.|
|Student||£31||| One year’s full membership for those in full-time education over the age of 18.|
|Life||£1,000||| Unlimited lifetime membership for an individual|
|Organisation [UK]||£65||| For companies, institutions, universities, libraries, galleries, societies, groups.|
|Organisation [Overseas]||£80||| For companies, institutions, universities, libraries, galleries, societies, groups.|
|Gift||£52||| A unique and thoughtful present that grants a whole year of benefits.|
Payment Terms: We offer a choice of annual or monthly Direct Debit payments.
Members enjoy special benefits all year round.
This new package includes special and exclusive benefits:
- Free unlimited entry to the Museum and all exhibitions.
- Six complimentary one-day admission tickets for friends and family.
- A copy of the Proceedings of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society, a highly respected journal containing wide-ranging and authoritative articles on Dorset’s archaeology, history, and natural environment.
- Members’ discounts on DNHAS Monographs.
- The right to borrow and reserve selected items from Dorset Museum‘s library including over 40,000 publications of local interest, as well as exclusive access to JSTOR’s online archive in the library.
- Monthly bulletins notifying you of events, exhibitions, and activities hosted by the DNHAS or our partner museums.
- Two glossy magazines a year, keeping you informed of interesting work happening across Dorset to explore, preserve and learn about its rich heritage and history.
- Special invitations to exclusive Member events and activities.
- Priority access and discounts to selected events.
- 10% discount in the Museum’s shop and café.
- A new-style membership card.
- Free entry to our partner museums as part of the Wessex Museums Partnership initiative:
– Salisbury Museum.
– Wiltshire Museum in Devizes.
– Poole Museum including a 10% discount in their café and a 15% discount in their shop.
The Victorian Hall will be hosting a private event on Friday 10th June 2022, all day and Saturday 11th June 2022, 12 noon to 5:00 pm, and therefore will be closed to visitors.
Daily: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Sunday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Bank Holidays: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Annual Pass or Day Entry availableBook now
Dorset MuseumHigh West Street
Dorchester DT1 1XA
For more information
About the Society
Dorset Museum is owned and cared for by members of the Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society (DNHAS), Dorset’s first conservation organisation.
It was established to collect, preserve research and exhibit objects relating to the archaeology, natural history, art, literature and culture of Dorset. It is dedicated to preserving Dorset’s rich heritage for future generations.Find out more
Make a donation
Your donations allow us to conserve and research Dorset’s most extensive historical collections.Donate Now
Donations Make the Difference
Every grant and donation helps us to do more for more people. Find out how you could make a difference.
14 March to 12 June 2022
A Virus a Day Textile Art by Antje Rook
Antje Rook created the A Virus a Day quilt created in response to Covid-19. The Portland artist embroidered one virus for every day of the first 2020 UK lockdown while she was isolating with her partner.Find out more
28 May – 30 October 2022
Take a fresh look at the Victorian novelist and poet, Thomas Hardy, in the stunning Wessex landscapes that shaped his view of the world. His story will be retold in exciting new ways by our museum collections, from period costumes to personal letters, art to archaeology.Find out more
31 May 2022, 10:00am - 12noon
Half Term ArtyFacts
Model theatre-making based on Hardy's novels and the model by Thomas Tilley for the Hardy Players in the Hardy's Dorset Gallery.Find out more
2 June 2022, 10:00am - 12noon
Half Term ArtyFacts
Create your own wooden Victorian decoupage box using Victorian images and decoration in association with the Thomas Hardy exhibition and the Hardy's Dorset gallery. Younger children will be able to create simple Victorian collages.Find out more
11 June 2022, 10:30am - 12:00noon
Roman Town House Tours
A guided tour of one of the best examples of a Roman Town House in England.Find out more
17 June - 11 July 2022, 10:00am - 1:00pm
Hardy’s Wessex: Drawing on the ancient past
This six-week course led by artist Helen Garrett will take you on a creative journey through Thomas Hardy’s work, inspirations and Dorset Museum’s collections.Find out more
18 June 2022, 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dorset Button making day
Join Dorset button maker and artist Anna McDowell to explore the history of Dorset button-making and take part in a workshop to make your own buttons.Find out more
19 June 2022, 10:30am – 12:30pm
Create colourful wax resist and collaged patchwork patterns and shapes inspired by Valentine Ackland's jacket from our Dorset Artists gallery. Make your own cards and bookmarks with colourful designs to take home.Find out more
22 June 2022, 7:30pm
Connaught Brass are quickly making a name for themselves as a fresh talent in the chamber music worldFind out more