Gift in Wills
A gift in your Will is a generous and enduring way to protect the collection for future generations
A gift in your Will could help the Museum grow and thrive, keeping Dorset’s heritage secure to inspire and inform future generations. Legacies enable us to:
- Acquire objects that are vital to the capturing of Dorset’s past and present.
- Care for all the collections, ensuring they survive for generations to come.
- Create displays that use the collections to tell the stories of Dorset’s heritage, and host exhibitions to bring national and international collections to a local audience.
- Arrange events and activities, for the widest range of audiences, to ensure everyone in the county can share in and learn about Dorset’s history.
- Deliver educational programmes for schools and other groups
- Build the Museum’s resilience for the future.
Trustees will allocate gifts from Wills prioritising the sustainability of the Museum. Thereafter, legacies may be split between three funds:
- The Collections fund to support projects and activities directly relating to the collection, including conservation, acquisitions and interpretation.
- The Current Projects fund to support a wider range of current projects, including exhibitions, activities to educate and inspire the Museum’s audiences, and developments that will improve the future sustainability of the organisation.
- The Future fund to secure the long-term future of the Museum and its collections by generating annual, unrestricted income to benefit the museum for generations to come.
Of course, if you would like your gift to be used in a different way, you can stipulate that in your Will. It would be helpful if you could discuss this with us so we can confirm that we would be able to accept the terms of the gift.
Leaving a gift in your Will is straightforward. Please email us at [email protected] and we can send you our Guide to Leaving a Gift in your Will to Dorset Museum.
Friday 22 September 2023, The Victorian Hall will also be closed all day for a private function. The Fine Foundation Dorset Story Space, next the the Thomas Hardy's Dorset Gallery will also be closed for an hour around Midday.
Daily: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Sunday: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Bank Holidays: 10.00am - 4.00pm
10% discount for Adult and Young Person Unlimited Ticket booked online using discount code DM01BOOK ONLINE SAVE 10%
Dorset MuseumHigh West Street
Dorchester DT1 1XA
For more information