The Museum has a historic late 19th-century building and a new extension.
There is clear signage throughout, and an orientation map in the Atrium.
- Step-free access to all areas apart from the mezzanine floor of the Victorian Hall
- One 13 person passenger lift to all areas apart from the Library – internal dimensions 1100 x 2100mm.
- Platform lift to the Library, with space for one wheelchair 1100 x 1400mm
- Stairs to all areas have handrails on both sides of the staircase.
- Seating in each gallery, some with armrests and backrests
- Floor surfaces are firm and level
- There are lower light levels in some galleries to protect light-sensitive objects
Map informationDownload Map
Our informative guidebook is available to buy in the Museum Shop.
Braille guide to exploring the Museum through tactile plans and images.
Dorset Museum & Art Gallery
Daily: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Daily: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
10% discount for Adult and Young Person Unlimited Ticket booked online using discount code DM01BOOK ONLINE SAVE 10%
Dorset MuseumHigh West Street
Dorchester DT1 1XA
For more information
To help you plan your visit, here you can find information about all our facilities and who to contact if you need to know more.Find out more